In October I presented at the 2011 SHRM-Atlanta Annual conference on the topic of blogging. The biggest question; Why Blog? There are several reasons to blog and below is a list of benefits to being a blogger.
- Engagement (being part of a conversation & dialogue via comments)
- Tool to develop discussion around key topics/products
- Marketing tool for your thoughts in real-time
- Content Management System (store all your thoughts/photos/videos in one place)
- Stay ahead of competition (those non-bloggers)
- Easy to share information in a one stop shop
- Develop and build long-term social relationships
- Generate Media & PR
- Connect with experts in specific fields
If you would like to check out my presentation, check out the highlights broken down into 4 minutes. If you are thinking of blogging, hopefully the reason above will be enough for you to take the plunge!